Monday, October 8, 2007

Bloggin it up

I am transfering a Blog I recently started at wordpress. Here was my most recent post:

Saturday was an 18 mile xc mountain bike race in Houghton, Mi. It poured like you couldnt imagine. No ones bike worked right by the end. We rode thru some puddles that our feet were underwater for, these were more like mini ponds. Anyways with barely working brakes and only 2 gears for the second lap, I still finished. I raced B’s and probably got 7th or 8th place. Of the other guys on the team one other finished (Matt) and he took 5th.

matt and I washing off

Sunday was a 9 lap cyclocross race. I raced A’s finally made it through a race with no problems. Roughly 25 showed up for A’s. I felt good at the beginning staying with the front few guys but tired out and rode with position 4,5,6 for a while. With 3 laps to go I was doing everything I could to maintain. It was really sandy, but ultimately, my fitness was the only thing holding me back today, I came in 6th overall. Not extremely happy with the result but I’m gonna be on the cross bike for the next few weeks and see if I can climb the standings a bit

Racin some cyclocross

No comments: