Tuesday, October 16, 2007

kick in the butt

Sunday I did the kmk cyclocross race at the fit strip, conclusion = I am out of shape. (thats all you get toph)

I think that was a good kick in the butt for me though because it was so bad that I went for a ride this morning at 7am. When I woke up I realized it was still dark and I didn't have a light. I roughed it and nearly hit a guy on the bike path on the way out so I wont be doing that again anytime soon. Delilah (my roadie) hasn't seen pavement in well over a month. I felt like i was riding someone else's bike, the geometry felt so strange, the handlebars were too far away, its been way too long. Anyways I'm getting back in the groove and I want to have a big year next year so the name of the game right now is maintenance so theres no lost fitness. With the weather as nice as its been lately I plan on getting out often... while its light out!

No comments: